Wednesday, May 18, 2011

37 - That can't be right!

April 30th -
This year I went to women's conference with a friend for my birthday. I would like to say I loved it, but I didn't. Some parts were really great and I heard some fantastic speakers.
However, because you do not reserve your class, we sometimes waited in line for classes we really wanted to go to only to find there were not enough seats and we needed to make another choice - that part was frustrating.

Bradley and Deborah were kind enough to watch Deryn and Jansyn for 2 days so I could go to womens conference! Thank you! Regardless of the frustration, I still had a nice time.

On my actual birthday, I worked (that darn saturday policy!). I got done with work at 5:20pm and rushed to a 6:30pm dance performance.
Somehow Stephanie convinced our dance group to perform at her ward talent show. We had a lot of fun and it was great practice for our big performance coming up in June.

As promised, she brought me cupcakes since we were dancing on my birthday!

The talent show was a lot of fun - we were glad we stayed to watch it.
Afterwards, we started out the door for a late birthday dinner at Red Robin.

We didn't make it there though - Jansyn suddenly looked pale and thought she was going to throw up!
We ate at home instead.

When we got home, I was surprised with a 'present hunt'!
Mike had taken the girls shopping while I was at work. They had wrapped and hidden presents all around the house!
Deryn and Jansyn were excited to tell me they had spent their own money on the shirt they picked out for me. Deryn spent a little bit more and got me some better headphones for my sansa music player.
And of course, Mike spoiled me as usual!
The presents were great, but I think the best part was imagining them all at the store trying to pick out these gifts together - that had to be fun to see!

2 comments:

Wendy Paul said...

what an eventful day! So glad you had a great time.... tell Mike to call Brian and give him some hints.... like taking the kids shopping for me. :)

Julie said...

Happy belated birthday! Welcome to the 37th year. ;)