Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What's next?

One more post, and then I will be done with history events and back to current events!

As I reflected on the first 13 years of marriage, I couldn't help but wonder what the next 13 years will bring.

Certainly our Grandmas, and your Great Grandmas will probably have all passed on.... GG is 88, Grandma Coleman 99, and Grandma Perry will be 95 in June. While it is not impossible for one of them to still be alive, it does not seem likely. This makes me sad though I know death is a natural part of life.

Deryn, you will be 24! Wow! Done with high school and most likely graduating from college. I wonder what you will choose to study? Even scarier to me, you could be married. You could be a mom, which is even scarier because that would make me a Grandma....

Jansyn, you will be 20! You too will be done with high school and will hopefully be attending college. What will you be studying? Maybe you will be working as a gymnastics coach to put yourself through college.

When I start to think about the fact that both of you might be gone from home, I start to realize just how short my time with you is and how much I still need to teach you. It also makes me think about the things I will miss....
Will I miss towels on the bathroom floor and naked barbies in the living room? I am guessing that I will.
I will probably miss overhearing conversations like this:

Deryn: Can Sadie borrow your scooter so we can get to art faster?

Jansyn:Give me your grape chapstick and she can borrow it.

Deryn: Jansyn, come on. I don't want to give you the grape one. How about Mango? I will give you the mango one.

Jansyn: No, I want the grape one, so I guess you can't borrow my scooter.

Deryn: How about gum? I will give you some gum if Sadie can borrow your scooter.

Jansyn: Well.... I guess so.

Deryn: Ok, but you can't have my good gum.

Jansyn: Fine, then you can't borrow my scooter. If I can't have to good gum, then I want the grape chapstick.

Yes, I am quite sure I will miss conversations like that.

I wonder where I will be working, where Dad will be working and if we will be living in the same place.

I don't know everything the next 13 years will bring, but I do know that whatever adventure we may face, we will face together.

No comments: