School and Education
The final consistent adventure in our marriage has been education. When we met, Dad had just graduated from BYU with a bachelors degree in Economics.
I had completed some classes at Ricks College (now BYU Idaho), and was enrolled at the Salt Lake Community College.
As we continued to date, I eventually changed majors and schools and finished my bachelors degree at the University of Utah. Dad began an MBA program at Westminister, but eventually decided he had an interest in Computers. He stopped working towards his MBA and began taking computer class at Salt Lake Community College.
Sometimes he didn't take a class, he bought a book and taught himself. He would read computer programming books that were 2 or 3 inches thick with the same gusto I would read a mystery or a romance novel.
Eventually he had learned enough to begin a career as a computer programmer.
Then, shortly after Jansyn was born he asked me, "So how do you feel about being a single mom for 2 years?"
That's when he began the EMBA program at BYU.
Now, thirteen years later, I am re-enrolled in school at the University of Utah. Right now it is classes for personal interest - though it may become a second bachelors degree.
Either way, learning is never wasted. Relationships and knowledge are the two things you can take with you when you die. We hope that both of you will have the same love of learning that we do - never be afraid to learn about something new!
No comments:
Post a Comment