We had many fun and creative dates.
There was skiing at Brighton, snowmobiling at Yellowstone, boating, racquet ball, bowling, hiking, miniature golf, Jazz games, the circus, camping at Zions, and of course there were walks, and movies and dinners.
There were Mike and John's famous Halloween parties. They turned the whole house into a live Murder Mystery /Clue came. They created characters, and each character had a not so good relationship with four of the other characters - hence any character could be the murderer, so the game was never the same. Every room in the house was decorated and assigned a theme and those who were invited came in costume and acted as their assigned character. The game was played in between dinner courses, and when you had great guests who were willing to act, it was a blast. After I attended my first one, I helped host these parties and we hosted them for years both dating and married... until life got too busy.
There were days when we didn't have anything to do, but wanted to be together. We would go to rent a movie and sometimes we would say "We are going to watch whatever movie is on the 4th aisle, third row down from the top, 10th shelf from the left, 6th movie on the shelf" If inappropriate, we made another selection. We watched some interesting movies this way.
But, the date I want to post about was by far my most favorite date....
Do you remember the restaurant Skippers Fish and Chips? It probably looked something like this:

Well, we were doubling with Mike's friend John - but for some reason we drove separately from them, and curiously enough Mike asked if I could drive my Bronco even though we usually went in his truck.... I should have been suspicious!
We ordered dinner, and ate and visited. Everything was going well, and then suddenly, both males needed to use the bathroom at the same time?
Again, I say, I should have been suspicious!
A few minutes later, one of the employees came and handed us each a brown paper bag - in our bags we found a pirate costume, and a clue. Let the Treasure Hunt Begin!
We rushed to the window to verify, and sure enough - John's car was gone and my car had a large pirate flag on the antenna.
We changed in the bathroom and headed out the door.
These are some of the clues they left for us. I love that they took time to burn the edges and seal each clue with wax. Below each picture I will type what the clue says ...
Oh' how I thanks the high seas that ye be still alive! If only ye would turn back. Know ye now that still it be not to late? I says again, GO YE NO FURTHER!!
Oh' if only ye knew of the tales, Oh' what horrible tales I could tell! Tales of pillage, tales of carnal knowledge. Why just ye ask the good folk at Alphagraphics (733 E 9400 S. near Albertson's) for well they do know of "The Tales"
Oh' the tales......
X
Ahoy, my eyepatch wearn' dumplin's
Still ye are not convinced?? Me thinks either ye are one plank shy of a full captn's deck or else ye are filled with some intoxicatingly good spirits.
No matter, rumor has it "the boys" sailed for the playground of Lone Peak Elementary (11515 High Mesa Dr) just some days before they hid their treasure.
If yer pirate's luck holds, maybe ye will find what ye be a look'n fer.
X
Ahoy
YE HAVE DONE IT! The famed treasure of Mike and John. It be all yers. Alas, ye needs no do only one more little something that ye might enjoy yer new found spoils for many years to come.
Find ye now the feared pirates Mike and John.
Aye, ye needs now pillage and seduce the two dread pirates for if ye do not, ye shall be haunted daily for the remainder of your days.
The treasure be yers, now get ye some men!!
X
The hunt ended with us digging up buried treasure in Mike's back yard. The buried it in the middle of the garden area. The had purchased a cardboard treasure chest, lined it with gold fabric, and then included gifts inside they had purchase for each of us along with treasure looking items... (ie; costume jewelery etc).
For me Mike had purchased what he thought was a stuffed penguin, because I collected penguins. It was actually a puffin, but I loved it anyway. He had also selected a scented candle and some other small items.
BEST DATE EVER!!!! Just another reason I love this guy!
No comments:
Post a Comment