So, I worked Tuesday this week.... mail delivery after a holiday never means a short day.
As expected, I got done at dinner time - my solution? Let's eat out!
We decided we would ride our bikes to the In-n-Out Burger near our house.
This is Jansyn's first official family bike ride.... up until now, she has had it easy riding in the bike trailer - but no more!
She is officially too big for the bike trailer.
Our ride there was pretty uneventful - a little slow, but she did a great job and she was having so much fun!
The ride home? - well that was a little more eventful!
We were riding along and came to the part of the road with no sidewalk .... we needed to ride a short distance in the gravel before we could cross to the sidewalk on the other side of the road.
As luck would have it, someone parked their car on the side of the road - not a big deal except that with a new rider in tow I wasn't sure if she would successfully pass the car without going too far out in the road. There was a steady stream of cars going by, and no one seemed to be moving over.
At the last second I decided we had better be safe and wait for the cars to pass.
I stopped. Deryn (who was apparently following closely) slammed into my leg, and dramatically fell, spread eagle, to the ground as she said, "Ah, Mom! Why did you stop?"
If you know Deryn, you can totally picture this and you are probably laughing just like I was....
At this point, Jansyn comes flying towards us and cannot remember how to use her brakes (and I am still laughing too hard to tell her how) Mike is attempting to get Deryn to move who is still being "dramatic". At the last minute Jansyn turned and missed Deryn's head by about an inch!
It's all fun and games until someone gets their head run over!
Luckily, disaster was avoided and everyone made it safely home!
2 comments:
I'm still laughing.....
What a fun family activity. (riding to dinner, that is) I'm glad you were all laughing.
Post a Comment