Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Celtic Celebration

This years Celtic Celebration was amazing!

Last year I was nervous and unsure, but this year was a blast!
I was far from perfection, but I knew my dances well enough to relax and enjoy them!
This year when I made mistakes, I could quickly get back on track where as last year I was completely lost!

Even better was that Jansyn was performing as well! While we don't dance together, I enjoy having a common hobby with my daughters (dance with Jansyn & art with Deryn).

I participated in 3 dances this year, a traditional soft shoe, traditional hard shoe, and then our movie theme dance -Pirates!

Pirates was a by far my favorite -
Maybe it was the costume freedom, the music, or the sword fighting (plastic sword fights totally rock!)
Maybe it was that we were finally good enough to perform with the other adult classes!
Whatever it was, there was just something AWESOME about our pirates dance!
I am still waiting for pirate pictures from others, but in the meantime, here are the ones of Jansyn & I together.

It was really hard to get a serious picture!


See what I mean?!

Third times the charm? - Guess not!


After the dance, Jansyn got a stuffed Zebra from her teacher, and Pink roses from Dad!



Dancing with the feet is one thing, but dancing with the heart is another.

2 comments:

Wendy Paul said...

I am so proud of you both!

Julie said...

So Cool!! It was so great to see you yesterday!