Sunday, January 17, 2010

Ballet Shoes and Bruises

Ballet Shoes

This week I purchased the first pair of ballet shoes I have ever owned! I have signed up for an Irish Dance class with my sister in law Stephanie.
So, Thursday nights I am coming home with sore leg muscles and sore feet. Ballet shoes were the cheap option to make sure we like dance before we invest in the real shoes.
I didn't realize how much balance and flexibility I had lost - nothing like taking a dance class to find that out!
Between running and dancing, my legs are going to look hot for the summer! ( I hope:)

Bruises

I have acquired a most impressive bruise:

This is the bruise a week after acquiring it and after the swelling has gone down. So, how does one acquire a bruise like this.......
Well, let me tell you.

I was delivering mail last Saturday and a small post card add from a retailer had gotten out of order and I was past the house. As I came down the other side of the street I realized the house to whom the mail belonged was right across the street. So, being the good mail carrier that I am, I decided I would run it across to their box.

Unfortunately, the box I was currently in front of had not cleared the ice from in front of their mail box. As I stepped from the truck, I slid a little, caught my balance, took my next step - and wipe out!

There I was, flat on the ground on my left side..... my arm and wrist were quite sore, and my leg was in pain..... I got up, took the mail across the street, and spent the next two blocks trying not to cry. I cannot believe how bad my leg hurt.

So, just a note from a mail carrier.... PLEASE clear the ice in front of your mail box! AND, take just a small moment to appreciate your junk mail before tossing it! You never know what pain it caused someone else to get it to your mail box!

4 comments:

Wendy Paul said...

It looks incredibly sore. I held back the tears as I imagined how it must have felt. Glad nothing was broken.

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

OUCH!!

BAllet, so why did you not enter my tutu giveaway? LOL!

Janice {Run Far} said...

hey..... found you from the 1,000+ spreedsheet. I grew up in Orem.... now I live in Ky... just stopping by to say Hi. That bruise is terrible.

saundra said...

Thanks so much for dropping by my blog and entering in my giveaway. I look forward to parusing your blog and getting to know you. Thanks again!