Thursday, October 8, 2009

Now I remember....

Now I remember why I don't shop on black friday.
Yesterday I got my Shopko add in the mail..... Littlest Pet Shops were on sale today - buy one get one free ...
My girls love these! I like them too.... If I was a kid I would totally collect those. Actually, I really want the Zebra..... It's ok to buy an occasional toy when you are 35 right?

Anyway, back to the story - My budget is tight, so this is a perfect opportunity to get a stocking stuffer and a birthday present for Jansyn.

I drop Jansyn off at school and drive to Shopko. The parking lot is full, so I think I am in luck, but I check the hours and they don't open until 9:00am.

I park and wait. So do 50 other people - no exaggeration! Soon a line starts forming at the door - I thought this was going to be a quick and quiet shopping trip.

At 9:00, the doors opens and everyone makes a mad dash for the toys. Many of the popular toys were buy one get one free.

I get to the Pet Shop isle. Two women are already there literally dumping rack after rack into their basket .... not even looking at what they have or if they have duplicates.... just dumping!

I have never seen such greed! Unbelievable! Some lady even hit me with her cart trying to push her way in.....

It totally ruined my whole day! I just wanted two Pet Shops my girls didn't have and there was barely any selection by the time I pushed my way in.

I could not believe how high peoples carts were piled.... did I mention the greed? Do people really give their kids that much for Christmas?

I am shocked! I have also renewed my vow to NOT shop on black friday.
There is nothing I need that bad to deal with that kind of chaos again!

1 comment:

Wendy Paul said...

Not to mention that you helped me out by shopping for my girls too! You are the best. Thanks for helping me so I don't have to go to that crazy store too.