Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Summer Updates

Fun summer updates in no particular order:

We went to St. George over Father's Day weekend. The trip also included Grand Canyon and Zions. We had a lot of fun!

I changed out all the cups in my cupboard. I decided it was time for change. I have been saving glasses from our wedding and never got them out because I seem to keep acquiring Coca-Cola glasses that match my dishes! But one day, I needed a change! We are using the glasses I have saved for 10 years! I also replaced all the free kids cups from restaurants with some cute flower glasses my sister was selling.
Change is so fun!

Deryn starts school next week. It was a short summer since we are changing from "D" track to "A" track.

Jansyn starts swimming lessons next week!

Jansyn got her kindergarten shots!

Both my kids will be in school full time this year!

I just signed up to run my first 5K!

I have been reading like crazy and enjoying every minute of it! So far, I have read 2 Mary Higgins Clark books, a book on writing fiction stories, and I am currently reading Al Capone Does My Shirts.

I have decided I should do something artistic again. I think I am going to try and watercolor a mermaid ocean scene for Deryn's room.

I decided to enter a story writing contest. The story has to be a fiction story based on a true family event..... so, that cake story I have never lived down... If I am lucky, maybe it will win me some money! If not, I guess I'll have fun writing it.

I found a great deal on KSL.com - finding great deals make my day! Tons of doll stuff all in good condition for $15! This will be great for birthday, random bribes, and maybe Christmas for my girls.

StoreCatch is almost ready to go! Soooooo close!

1 comment:

Julie said...

So much fun to hear the great updates! Sounds like fun.