Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Julie & Julia

This movie is adorable! I went to see this last week with some friends.

We had a great interest in the movie for two reasons:

1. My friend Wendy has just published a cookbook which will be released September 1st!
check out her blog @ http://www.wendypaulcreations.com/

2. I think I have been having a mid-life crisis since I turned 35! 30 was a piece of cake ..... but 35!? Well, 35 has left me pondering what I have (or have not) accomplished in life.

So, while Wendy was identifying with both women in the aspect of writing a book, submitting it for publication and being accepted, I was identifying mainly with Julie, the blog writer, who's success resulted from her initial feeling that she hadn't done anything important in life, and then was followed up by a desire to accomplish something major in life.

I must say, the show did have one horrible word, loud and clear, right in the middle of it. It was so uncharacteristic of the rest of the show that it really stood out. But, aside from that - if you want to see an inspiring show based on two true life stories - Julie & Julia is it!

1 comment:

Wendy Paul said...

I totally agree! You are by the way running a 5K this weekend. THAT is a huge accomplishement. And you are a talented friend who teaches young children and starts them on their way through the education system. Need I say more?