On Thursday morning, May 21st, I was running downstairs to get something for work (I was subbing for someone and hurrying to get out the door). As I ran past the tortoise cage, I saw something strange, I stopped and turned back and what do you know! There was an egg! I was very excited! I quickly grabbed the egg and ran upstairs to wake up Mike! (did I mention it was 7:30am and he was still in bed?) Anyway, I woke him up, announced we had a tortoise egg, handed him the egg, our book on caring for tortoises, and informed him he would need to figure out what to do with it because I was late for work! So, being the good husband that he is, he researched and rigged up an incubator.. hopefully it will work. This may just be trial and error, but I sure hope not. We are excited for a baby tortoise.
The disappointing part is the egg can take 90-120 days to hatch.... that is clear in September. I am excited now!!!
Anyway, here's hoping that sometime in September I will be posting pictures of a baby tortoise!
3 comments:
You guys have been busy!! Thanks for all the new posts. I love the pink chair, I'm jealous of the vacation, and I can't wait to hear what happens with the egg!
How fun. I'm excited to hear too. :)
That's freakin' sweet!
Post a Comment