However, that being said, we would stay there again.

The first day there, we went to the Stratosphere hotel and rode the ride on the top. (see the picture above) This ride shoots you straight in the air and then immediately drops you and repeats 3 times. I was fine until the first drop. When you drop, your seat drops faster than you do and you experience no gravity for just a moment - long enough to be scared!
So, needless to say, I was fine until the first drop. Then, I was scared! I was thinking to myself "how am I going to get back to my seat?" Just a small moment of panic!

After that, we ate in the restaurant at the top. (Above is a picture of Mike at the restaurant) It slowly rotates as you eat and you have an amazing view of the city. Behind me you can see some of the view.

The other exciting thing we did was to see the Titanic Exhibit. That was amazing! A little pricey, but worth the cost (however, I wouldn't pay extra for headphones - just read for yourself and save yourself a little money!)
When you get there, they hand you a boarding pass with a name. At the end you find out whether or not you survived. They have amazing artifacts from the boat and an actual piece of the ship which is huge! Then you look at the picture next to it and they show you which section of the boat it is. It accounts for a whole two rooms of the ship .... the large piece of the ship is actually an incredibly small piece of the ship.
They of course have re-created the grand staircase and will take your picture on this.
This is definently worth going to if you are in vegas.
2 comments:
Wow you have been busy. Sounds like fun. Thanks for the ideas. Glad you could get away for your 10 year. Congrats.
What a fun trip! There is however no way on this earth I would go on the Statosphere-so I'm glad to see your pictures-(and I'm glad you've updated your blog!)
Post a Comment