I'VE BEEN RANDOM TAGGED
and you know you can't block a tag. It's like the calling shotgun rules, written in stone and completely unbreakable.
So here goes:
The "Random Thing" Tag Rules...
1. You link back to the person who tagged you.
2. Post these rules on your blog
3. Share six random things about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your entry
5. Let the tagged people know by leaving a comment on their blogs
6. Enjoy the results
Alright, so here's the rule! Anyone who reads this is tagged (unless of course you are the one who tagged me!)
Random thing #1
I wish my house looked like a model home ... but it doesn't! In college I originally began majoring in Interior Design and always had visions of a perfect home where everything was in place.
Then, reality hit (or maybe it was my kids:) Anyway, on most days my house looks lived in and on some days it looks like a tornado hit.
Random thing #2
I finished my 100 miles on Tuesday!! (102.5 miles to be exact!). I only lost 2 pounds, but my jeans fit better, and my legs are more toned, so I think I will continue! Besides, now I can run just over 2 miles without too much effort.... big improvement from when I started and could barely run 1. Also, it is a great time to watch a show I enjoy. I am currently on season 2 of the Gilmore Girls.
Random thing #3
I notice details. I always have. I think this drives people crazy - especially my husband! It makes it hard for him to get away with things and I think he is irritated when I can figure out what he had for lunch just by what dishes are in the sink! Here's and example of a detail I noticed that probably no one else did until I pointed it out. We were in a training class at work and two people were called up to the front to write things on the board. Each person was given two markers ... one person got red and green and the other got black and blue. The person with the black and blue markers was complaining her colors were the color of a bruise. I happened to notice that each person's marker colors were the colors they were wearing.
I don't know why I notice things like that... maybe it stems from my childhood desire to be a detective. Anyway, you have all been warned - I notice details!
Random thing #4
I have decided to not like Hawaii. Hawaii is some place I have always wanted to go, and I have had many chances, but never gone. Our first chance was when Mike's sister and husband invited us to go with them on vacation. We opted to finish our basement instead. Then Mike ended up going with his best friend John who's dad has a timeshare there. It was kind of a bachelor party for the two of them if you will before John got married. I was kind of bummed I didn't get to go, but I like John a lot, so I was ok with Mike going with him. So, Mike and I did separate vacations that year. I went to New York with my siblings, and he went to Hawaii with his friend.
Then last year my siblings, all 5 of them, went to Hawaii. They did not even invite me - their excuse? I am married and I have kids. HELLO! Was I not married when I went to New York? Did I not have kids then? Then to ice the cake, they ask me to drive them to the airport..... Alright, now I am starting to get bitter about the whole Hawaii thing.
Then, a couple of months later, we get invited by Mike's other sister to go to Hawaii. Her husband Andrew does architecture plans for the Nu Skin guy who happens to have a nice house in Hawaii we can stay in. So, Mike says we can go if we can find a babysitter. Guess what - no babysitter can be found (all my siblings used their vacation time going to Hawaii). So, we didn't go. Mind you, this was like the 4th possible trip to this wonderful place I have always wanted to go - not to mention when is the next time I will get the chance to stay in a 3 million dollar house in Hawaii.
So, all my siblings have been to Hawaii, all Mike's siblings have been to Hawaii, Mike has been to Hawaii. Everybody says it is wonderful, but if they go back they don't want to do the touristy things (which is what I would want to do) because they have already done them.
So, I have decided to make it my goal to not want to go to Hawaii..... It is overpriced and over-rated... after all how cool could it possibly be to go snorkeling, swim in the ocean, attend a luau..... you get the picture. Oh, did I mention my brother and his fiance are going there for their honey moon? Yep, she will have gone to Hawaii too.
Random thing# 5
I am often sarcastic! (in case you couldn't tell from random thing# 4). I usually can quickly come up with witty sarcastic things to say. Sometimes they are funny. Some times I wish I would've been quiet! I think sarcasm helps me deal with stressful situations.
Random thing # 6
I really like art. I just finished writing my art curriculum for the school year and I had forgotten how much I enjoyed all the art classes I took through out the years. I am looking forward to helping kids enjoy art too!
So, now you have all been tagged! I want to know 6 random things about each of you!
3 comments:
I love it! I always wanted to know random things about you. I love the details thing- yeah, I didn't even notice what they were wearing. I think you should be in charge of grades this year. :)
I love hearing the random things about you. I will try to do the tag but don't plan on it. I'm not good at that... take that as random #1. :) ha ha ha. I think it is cool you notice details... not something I do well at all. I have been trying harder but I just don't do it well. (random #2?)
So fun to hear more about you. I remember you being a very detail oriented person-those designs you use to draw were really cool too.
Post a Comment