Friday, April 25, 2014

Christmas 2013

This  year I had the opportunity to prepare a gift for Grandma Perry... it is hard to know what to get someone who is 96 years old, and who basically has everything she needs.  We came up with the idea of compiling favorite memories of Grandma (and Grandpa) from our family and also the Glenn Perry family.  I was the designated organizer / typer of the memories.

It is amazing the love and appreciation you begin to feel for someone when you take time to remember the role they have played in your life and the many things they have done in your behalf.  It was a very sentimental project to work on as I read and re-typed the memories of my siblings, my cousins, and myself.
Grandma said it was the best present she received.  It was simple, and it didn't cost much.  I think it was the most enjoyable gift I gave.

What an amazing and talented lady... and I am lucky enough to call her Grandma!


Our house Christmas morning....

 Deryn, Titan and Jansyn

 Wow!  Look what Titan found in his Christmas Stocking!

 Mike and his new jacket

 This year we did five packages under the tree for each girl.  They got presents in the following categories:  Want, Need, Wear, Read, and Play.  Here they are with their "Want" packages.
It kept Christmas a little simpler which was nice.

 Finally, the real game... we have been making up some version of this game for camping, but now we own the actual game!

 Perry Family, Christmas morning... the serious picture,
 and the funny picture!
Allan joined us via skype... here he is opening his presents.

That's it for 2013!

No comments: