Wednesday, February 6, 2013

"Catch up"

Wow!  So my last post was on October 14th, and it is now February 6th....

I guess it is time for a little "catch up" to bring this blog up to date.

So, what have we done since October 14, 2012?

Well, Jansyn was baptized.  Here are some pictures we took ahead of time in her white dress.  


 Here we are at the church just prior to her baptism.   Amazing how time changes things.  At Deryn's baptism 4 years ago we had 4 grandparents and 3 great grandparents in attendance.  Now, just a few years later all of the great grandmas were not well enough to come.  I also forgot to get a picture of Jansyn with the Grandparents... oops!

 Allan came from San Francisco for Jansyn's baptism weekend.  We spent the rest of the day with the Perry side of the family.  We played at the park, played board games, went bowling, and then watched a movie.  It was a fun day spent with family.  I also learned that my Dad is a really good bowler, as is my brother Marc.... I think they must go bowling together on their lunch breaks although they assured me this was not the case!

 Most everyone gathered for an impromptu breakfast at Mom's house before Allan flys back to San Francisco
 Best siblings anyone could ask for... so grateful we are still close, still look out for each other, and still spend time together despite our varying stages in life. 


Halloween came & went... Here we are on our annual visit to Gardner Village to see the witches....and wear the funky glasses.  I am at Gardner Village every weekend for work, but I still enjoy visiting during the holidays with Deryn and Jansyn - something we have done since they were little.

 Jansyn, Deryn, and Megan (cousin) ready for Halloween.


Here we are in Moroni Utah.  This was taken on one of our hikes.  Mikes' co-worker let us use a house he owns there and is remodeling.  At first I wasn't sure how the vacation would turn out given that the house was unfurnished, but in the end it turned out to be one of the best vacations we have had.  It was peaceful, there was little media available, and we enjoyed time together without the usual influence of TV and movies.  Instead the girls played in the back yard, jumped on the tramp, played with the stray cat, I got to read (which made me very happy) we went hiking, four wheeling, and enjoyed playing board games together in the evenings.  For sure, one of the most relaxing vacations we have taken.

 Here we are gathered at the park to celebrate G.G.'s 89th Birthday!

 

Yard clean up day at Great Grandma Coleman's house... Bradley and Deborah needed some help pruning the tree before winter.




Deryn and Jansyn made snowmen!  They were so excited for the first snow storm.




Christmas morning at our house - I think most everyone is in one of the first two pictures.  We had face time with Allan via the I-pad, but I think he still missed a fair amount of the celebration and present exchange.

 L - R: Carolyn, Jansyn, Emily, Marc, Deryn

 L - R: David, Tyler, Deborah, Bradley, Courtney, Grandpa, Grandma, & Great Grandma (Mike in the kitchen with the Santa hat)
 I am disappointed this is the only picture of the girls by the tree this year - I totally forgot to take the usual christmas pajama picture, and I only have this picture because Carolyn thought to take it.
They look so grown-up - when did that happen?

The annual family christmas picture at the Byg house. 

That finishes 2012!

Here are a few family pictures from July that never made it to the blog....






No comments: