Thursday, September 2, 2010

The Secret Life of Mom

The night before school began, my children were gravely concerned.
I had no idea they felt it was their responsibility to keep me busy during the day.
It was all I could do to keep from laughing as Deryn sincerely prayed:
"And please bless that Mom will not be bored while we are at school."

Well.... I have not been bored!

In the two weeks they have been at school I have read almost 4 books.
I highly recommend 'The Help' by Kathryn Stockett.

I took a sewing class and I am making a decorative pillow for Halloween.

I took a Zumba class - it was like aerobics on speed..... it was a blast!

I ran 59.7 miles .... and I hit my 700 mile mark!

I visited my grandma

I went to the temple

I went grocery shopping

I went clothes shopping

I took a bubble bath (and no one stood outside the door yelling "Mom! Are you done yet?")

I cleaned my house

I ironed clothes

I practiced sketching - I miss drawing.

I wrote in my journal

I read my scriptures

I blogged

I watched a movie

So far, bored does not describe what I am while my girls are at school!

In fact, I think I could get used to this!

1 comment:

RaeLynn said...

WOW! Dang girl. I can't WAIT to have some down time too :) I'm so easily engrossed in work...I tend to be a workaholic but I'm excited to have a few days off a week to actually get some stuff done!