Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sweet Success!

I did it! I ran my first 5k!

It was the Wasatch Women Love Your Body 5k/10k at Sugar House Park.

I signed up for the 5k with my sisters (Emily and Carolyn) and my Mom and my Aunt Thelma.
My goal was to run the entire race - no stopping to walk. Guess what!? I did it!!!!

But, not only did I do it, I am quite proud of how well I did.... I have been on cloud 9 all day!

I ran the 5k (3.2 miles) in 28 minutes and 59 seconds! an average of 9:19 minutes per mile.

Out of 740 runners/walkers I finished 57th! AND I finished 28th in my age category (age 30-39)!!!
Hooray!!!
Did I mention I have been very excited all day?!
Yep, still floating on clouds!

Hooray for success!!!!

2 comments:

Wendy Paul said...

Congratulations! I am so proud of you!

Melissa said...

Yay Mary Ann! You are awesome!