Sunday, November 2, 2008

Memories of October

Wow! It has been a whole month since my last post.... what a slacker! Just to update you, here are our October events:

We went to the pumpkin patch and spent way too much money on pumpkins! The girls enjoyed picking them out, running through the corn maze, and posing for pictures on the tractors! Jansyn said, "This is the best day ever!"

The weekend of October 10th, we took a mini vacation to Ogden.... yep you read it right! We booked a cheap hotel in Ogden and spent the night. Friday night we ate out, went to the mall, got some See's Chocolates(thanks to one of my students giving me a gift certificate), and some new sunday shoes for the girls! Saturday we went to the Tree House Museum. Above you see Deryn and Jansyn in the Oval Office.

Learning to play Chess.....



Time for Dress Up!

We were at the museum for 4 hours and could have stayed longer, but they were closing. Great place if you haven't been there. Tons and tons of activities for the kids.


This month, Mike also surprised me with money to get my hair done. I had it cut and colored (first time ever for color!) I decided to go a darker brown with a hint of red. It has been a fun new look.


I spent time making holiday table runners to sell at a boutique...


We went to Savannah's Halloween party! It was a lot of fun and Jansyn got to see all her friends! Savannah's mom, Melissa is my friend and co-worker, although I am sorry to say this week will be her last week working. She has been brave enough to make the decision to stay at home with her kids. Kudo's to Melissa for making the decision to put her family first. I know it was hard (especially since she has such a great co-worker and all:) All kidding aside, it's not always easy to be a stay at home mom, but I am sure she is going to love it. Melissa - I will miss working with you.

Jansyn turned 4! Wow, she's not my baby anymore. I think her favorite gifts were the food! She loved the Cheetos from dad, and she also got vanilla yogurt and fruit snacks. What more could a 4 year old want?!


And of course, there was Halloween! Trick or treating with the cousins! (Deryn and Jansyn are on the left hand side)

Other October memories:

Christine had her baby! We have another niece.

Our best tenants ever moved out of our duplex and we have spent time cleaning and painting so we can rent it again. Know anyone who needs a place to rent? I hear the landlord's are great!

Emily, Carolyn, and Allan took our kids trick or treating at the zoo while we worked at the duplex. I am lucky to have such great siblings that will spend time with my kids.

Well, I think that is all.... I don't know how I could have fit anything else into this month!




3 comments:

Robyn said...

What a fun month you have had! The museum looks like so much fun--we will have to check it out some time. Post some pics of the new hair---I bet you look HOT! :)

Melissa said...

You are so cute. Yes, I am so sad that I am quitting. I will miss you a lot. But we will still hang out. It looks like Ogden was so much fun, we will have to try that sometime. And I love that Jansyn loved her food presents. When I was about that age, I got a jar of pickles for Christmas from my sister, and I think it was my favorite present that year.

Julie said...

What a fun month! It looks like you have had lots of fun. It is also fun to see a new post. I know you are super busy but we like to see what you have been doing! Jansyn is so cute. Happy 4th Birthday! The museum looks great. See ya Friday! Can't wait to see your new do!