Just had to document this!
Monday night Deryn stayed at her friends house after school until I got off work. When I picked her up, I found that she had been laying in her friends bed all afternoon with a headache and a sore throat. As I tucked her into bed that night, I said something along the lines of seeing how she felt in the morning and then deciding if she could go to school. She immediately burst into tears...
Deryn: But it's pizza day tomorrow, I can't miss pizza day.
Me: Deryn, you can't go to school and get all your friends sick just because you want to eat pizza. If you want pizza that bad, we will have pizza for dinner.
Deryn: But their pizza is healthier mom. They just give me one piece with carrots and the white stuff that looks like broccoli.
Me: Well if you want vegetables with your pizza, I would be happy to give you some.
Deryn: But your pizza isn't as healthy mom because you make a lot and then I eat more.
A very creative arguement I thought! Of all the reasons not to miss school, pizza is apparently in the top 5!
As it turned out, she laid on the couch all the next day with a fever and didn't want to eat anything ... not even pizza:)
3 comments:
There are some things that just aren't negotiable. Pizza day is one of them. :) Hope she is feeling better.
Kids are so funny--I wish I could rationalize myself into not wanting any pizza.
PS It was so fun to see you last week. We will definatly have to get together more often.
That sounds like my kids. Pizza day, how funny. I eat too much when it is there too. :) What a cutie!
Post a Comment