Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I've been working all day and I'm soooooo far behind!

Does this ever happen to anyone else? You are busily working, trying so hard to get things done, and it seems that for every 1 thing you accomplish, your children create 3 more things that need to be done....... on some days I wonder if I made a difference!

For instance, do you ever sweep and mop your floor and then someone breaks a plate, and you have to start all over? Yep, that happened today!

And don't forget the endless dishes and laundry... you run a load and then start the next meal... here come more dishes.

Here is my classic event of the day (the first 3 are pretty normal). The girls have a friend over and want to run through the sprinklers. I hesitate, noting that I have just finished washing and drying all the swim towels, and then think: what the heck.
They are busy outside and I have the house to myself! The perfect time to clean their bedrooms if you know what I mean! The kind of cleaning where old kids meal toys and "important" scraps of paper and broken toys disappear.

For some reason, I decided to look out the window and this is what I saw:



My first thought was to get mad, but then I thought this truly is a kodak moment... lets go with it!



STRIKE A POSE!


Sadee

Deryn

Jansyn

So, does anyone else have this item on their to do list?????

GET KIDS TO WASH THE FENCE (so much for being caught up on the laundry!)


4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so proud of you for grabbing the camera. I totally understand the laundry bit. Does it ever end? Sometimes I don't put stuff in the empty baskets for a few hours just to feel done for more than a minute. Are you working full time now? We sooo need to catch up. :)

Julie said...

Sorry to add another comment --However I love your background. Sooo cute.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, good work at keeping your cool! (although I have yet to see you get mad) I totally understand the never-ending list of things to do...it seems like every time I put a fresh diaper on Bella she thinks that is a great time to poop, so I go through at least 2 diapers at every change. It was fun to see you today! Next Wed will be fun-no kids, hooray!

Emmalee said...

Your kids are so cute! Who wouldn't love to play in the mud? I just finished all my laundry today, it piled up. Oops. :)

I have an online journal so if you wanna read about my life then you can :P We can stalk each other! Just kidding.

Here it is:
http://ximaginary-friendx.deviantart.com/journal/