Friday, October 12, 2012

Visitors

We had a short, but good visit from our friend John and his daughter Rebecca Abygail.  (see how John managed to name his daughter after Mike?!). 

Mike and John have been friends since middle school.  We were sad when they moved far away to the Canary Islands, but is was great to see them this summer.  



It was so fun to watch Becca switch fluently between english and spanish.  It was eye-opening to see what surprised her & what we take for granted. 
She was elated there was a drinking fountain at the park, and surprised there was a bathroom she could use.  Where they live, these things are for paying customers only.
She was excited to find a swing that molded to her body - at home it is just a board and chains.  I remember that kind of swing!  I was also humbled to know it take them 45 minutes to get to church .... I have only a 10 minute walk.  

Great visit!  Maybe one day we will visit them!


No comments: