I will quickly try to catch you up on what we have been doing. In looking through our pictures, we were not apparently very good at taking pictures for the last two months either - so here goes. The bullet pointed list and a few pictures will have to do.
- So, the last update was Moab, which happened april 12 - 15th.
- Deryn turned 11 at the end of april, and I got a little older as well. Happy Birthday to us both!
- We planted three new trees in the back yard.
- Jansyn was moved to an entry level competition class for gymnastics. She will be training all year, and they will start having mock competitions in December. I believe actual competitions begin in January.
- May 4th, I went to the LDS Story Makers conference. It is always fun to see members of my critique group in person. I met some other authors who were pretty cool as well, and I even won a door prize.
- While I was at my writer's conference.... Emily was graduating with her second bachelor's degree. My degree is just so cool that she wanted the same one! Ha Ha Ha... As she said, "oops I did it again!"
- The next day, May 5th, Allan graduated with his degree from Utah State - a bachelors in landscape architecture and a minor in Portuguese. I am also sure he probably would have qualified for a minor in travel.... did you look into that Allan?
- May 14th, I started school. I added 9 credit hours to my already crazy schedule. Apparently I forgot to consider the importance of time to breathe.
- May 24th, we hurried to do a new family photo because Allan accepted a job in San Francisco! Yay Allan!
- May 28th, we had a last family dinner. Mom's birthday + Memorial Day + Allan moving = a good reason to have a Barbeque!
- June 4th, I went with Jansyn's class on their field trip to the zoo.
- June 5th, I was in charge of the parachute station for the second grade field day.
- June 8th, we had our first Irish dancing performance for the summer. We performed at Thanksgiving point. I can honestly say that we had fun and that it was a good practice for our big performance on June 29th. One of our teammates seemed to have arrived drunk and confessed to having alcohol in her water bottle so she would be relaxed enough to dance....I think it worked.
- June 9th I was on my first ever adoption panel. I now have several more requests to speak or be on panels. One of the agency employees told me I taught the class more about adoption in an hour than they had learned in the previous 3 hours of that day. That is what experience will do for you.....
- June 14th, my sister in law Stephanie and I took the girls walking on the Jordan Parkway. The goal was to take them hiking once a week for the summer weeks. This was the first week Deryn & Jansyn were out of school. We mistakenly thought that since it was a flat trail, we would not need water. After three hours of walking, we were very thirsty. The dogs were even more thirsty. Stephanie ended up carrying Leonard (a 30 pound pug) back part of the way... I imagine that looked pretty funny to the people who were passing us.
- June 15th, we had a girl's day with Emily and Carolyn. We went to lunch (and Emily got "winked at"..... our humor for the day). Then we did a little shopping and painted some pottery at color me mine. After that we came back to our house for homemade lasagna and a movie night. Deryn and Jansyn appeared to have a great time!
- June 17th, Mikes parents got back from their Alaskan Cruise. We heard all about it at the Father's Day BBQ at James and Christine's house. That was an especially fun night (in my opinion) because Deryn actually joined in the Volley Ball game this year. Jansyn played one game as well... but in the past Deryn has avoided it like the plague. I am glad her friends introduced her to volleyball this year and that it became their favorite recess activity!
- June 20th, we went hiking in Sandy near Grandma's house. This time we brought plenty of water and food and didn't need hardly any of it because it was cold instead of hot! One time we will get it exactly right.... we were also hiking in an area warning us of cougar activity. In case you are wondering if you see a cougar, you should try to appear larger than you are by waving your arms above your head and speaking in a deep and confident voice.... at least that is what the sign said. At one point we came to a bridge with a mounted camera. On the bridge they displayed pictures the camera had taken of the cougar on the bridge. We did not see the cougar, and therefore considered our hike to be successful.
- June 21 & 22 we went to Manti, Utah to see the Manti pageant, but that will be another post because I do have fun pictures of that event!


No comments:
Post a Comment