This is our trip in a nutshell....
When we arrived in St. George, we stopped at the grocery store for food. Jansyn was riding on the back of the cart in front of me as I was pushing. For some reason, she kicked / jumped back and caught my toe pushing it back the wrong way. This was the end result - a swollen and bruised foot. We hadn't even made it to the condo yet....

But don't worry, I didn't let that stop me! We went to hike! It was the perfect motivation for my girls. It just told them, "If I am hiking, you are hiking. When I complain, you can complain."
I mean really, how are they going to argue with that? I did tell Mike there was no way we were doing the 6 mile hike we had planned, but we could attempt the short hikes.
The first hike we did was the St. George Narrows.....
As you can see, it was very narrow! Jansyn ran through in no time at all, I don't think she ever turned sideways. The rest of us edged our way through like this.Here is Jansyn posing at the end.
Deryn on top of the world...
A small arch we found on our way back to the car...
We also found this on the way to the car.... It looks very similar to our tortoises, a couple of small differences.
Sunday we went and walked around the St. George Temple. We took endless pictures of the girls posing themselves by the temple, by the trees, on the rocks.... you get the idea!
Then we went hiking. I brought crazy props for crazy pictures.... the girls were very excited about this. Mike just thought it was CrAzY!! But he participated anyway.
Karate Kid with a feather boa....

On our last hike, we found these pools of water. The kids loved playing in them. Jansyn caught a frog, and I thought the water was just right for soaking my foot.
Here she comes with her frog! Funny, we heard the boys in the pool below us yell, "Look! There are frogs!" Almost immediately Jansyn yelled, "I caught a frog!"
No comments:
Post a Comment