On Saturday October 9th I ran my first 10k.
Because Wasatch Women was the 5k I ran last year, this year I wanted to run the 10k.
It seemed appropriate to at least run one 10k this year as my goal for the year was to run 1000 miles.
My sisters (Emily & Carolyn) and my sister in law Deborah joined me at the event although they all chose to run the 6k.
I am glad I ran the race, and proud of myself for running the whole race, (I had a few moments where I thought I could not possibly keep running - mostly on the hills, and then I had to talk myself into it.) I reminded myself I had already run this distance twice this week - just without hills. Plus, I have been getting ready for this all year.
I refuse to not achieve it.... so, while my numbers were not as good as I wanted I am happy to say I ran the whole thing.
Here are the results!
The 6k had 1067 participants
Carolyn was # 58
Emily was # 104
Deborah was # 515
The 10K had 606 participants
Maryann was # 155
Individual stats:
Carolyn
# 14 for age range 30-34
finished in 35:49 minutes
pace: 9:33 minutes per mile
Emily
# 36 for age range 30-34
finished in 37:01minutes
pace: 9:55 minutes per mile
Deborah
# 104 for age range 25 -29
finished in 47:43
pace: 12:48 minutes per mile
Maryann
#35 for age range 35-39
finished in 1:03
pace: 10:15 minutes per mile
Can I run a half marathon next year? Right now, I will not commit - but I am thinking about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment