Friday, March 19, 2010

Loaded Questions

Don't kids ask the most amazing questions?

For instance the other day I picked up Jansyn from school and this is the conversation we had:

Jansyn: "Mom, am I really yours? or did you adopt me?"
Me: "You're really mine! Why do you want to know?"
Jansyn: "Well, I thought if I was really yours I would always love you - but I didn't love you today."
Me: "Were you mad at me today?"
Jansyn: "Yes"
Me: "That's ok. It's probably like when I am mad at you. I still love you, I just don't love what you did"
Jansyn: "Mmm.... No. It's not like that."

Loaded Questions Take 2:

Deryn: "Are you subbing in my class on sunday?"
Me: "Yes"
Deryn: "What's the lesson on?"
Me: "Abraham and Isaac"
Deryn: "Oh that lesson. That lesson is dumb. Would you sacrifice me if God ask you to?"
Me: Long Pause.... "Well, I guess if that's what I thought he wanted me to do I would. But, Abraham didn't really have to sacrifice him you know."
Deryn: " I know, but he asked him too. How come he didn't just wait until he was old and going to die anyway. It's not like he needed him right away."

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Kids say the funniest things.

Allan said...

That's what you get for having smart kids! I'm sure the questions will only get better!

RaeLynn said...

Holy crap. I just had to read those to Danny. So funny!! I love the way kids think.