Tuesday, November 10, 2009

How I Spent the Month of October

October has come and gone... it seems like such a whirlwind.....
Here are the highlights of our October in random order:
  • I was indeed hired at the post office. I had 6 days of training for getting mail ready for your route and how to drive the mail truck. Watched tons and tons of defensive driving movies and watched kids get hit by cars.... (don't let your kids run out to get the mail - we have huge blind spots in those trucks). The last driving test was killer and I thought for sure I had failed because I couldn't parallel park the mail truck... I couldn't sleep all night. I thought for sure I would get to training the next day and they would send me home. I didn't even set the alarm in time to shower as I assumed they would send me back home. Apparently I passed.
  • We went to see the witches at Gardner Village


  • When I got back to school after having a sub for 6 days, our class was like a giant mass walking around the playground. The kids were so excited to see me. One of them kept saying don't let go or she might leave again....
  • We went on a Sunday drive/picnic and took fun pictures in the mountains.


  • Jansyn turned 5! She wanted the house decorated, she had a particular birthday song she wanted (she even sang to herself), and originally she wanted donuts and cheetos instead of cake... the day of she changed to donuts and cookies! It was certainly not a traditional birthday in that regard!



  • We said "goodbye" to the tree in Jansyn's room. She would now like to have pink hearts on her wall.
  • Halloween was part of October of course! I missed my class Halloween party training at the post office. Halloween was my first day out on my route by myself delivering mail. It did not go too bad. I was really tired by the time I was done, but still enjoyed an awesome Halloween party at James and Christine's house.

James and Christine made this crazy yarn maze where you had to follow your piece of yarn from beginning to end. If you could successfully do this, you got a prize. I had to start over twice, but eventually I did it!

Jansyn with her vampire teeth... even they are pink!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

How fun! You'll make such a cute mail lady. It's nice to hear what you're up to :)

Allan said...

Look--I read your blog!

Wendy Paul said...

I love the pic of you and Michael. Did one of the girls take it? I swear, you make me tired reading all the things you are doing. I'm glad we spent some time together last week. :)