Friday, March 28, 2014

Where Did the Time Go?


So, it's been a while since I last posted... although I did try 3 different times to post about New York, but my internet was always too slow to upload the pictures.
You would think being married to a technology guy I would have working internet, but alas, I married not just a tech guy, but a frugal tech guy.

So, I will attempt to rapidly update this blog...  Here is the quick version of the remainder of 2013:



We went to New York in September.  We managed to be there the same time as the government shut down, so our Statue of Liberty tickets got exchanged for a harbor cruise - I was bummed.  I saw the Statue of Liberty several years ago with my siblings, and the whole time I was there I couldn't stop thinking "Mike would love this!"  I was so excited to go back with him, but I guess it wasn't meant to be.
We visited all the regular tourist places, Time Square, Top of the Rock, Central Park, 9/11 memorial etc.  We ate really expensive but delicious carrot cake from the Cake Boss Cafe.  Our favorite activity was the Broadway play Spiderman!  Absolutely amazing! 
Because Mike was there for work, I had plenty of down time.  I read books, watched movies, and shopped.  I even slept until noon one day. 

 Then came October, we bought a dog and named him Titan.  Based upon seeing his dad, we fully expect him to grow into his name.  He is the cutest boxer EVER!  The picture above is the car ride home.

Ah, isn't that cute....

Next, came Halloween


I decorated the front porch all cute, and found eyeballs to create the monster plants I wanted to make..
Obviously my good intentions of repainting the door frame never came to pass...


We dressed up for Halloween.  Titan was a football player...

Jansyn was a gymnast

 I was a monster - I love my monster hat!  Deryn was a pirate... she fits in my Pirate costume now.  I am not sure how I feel about that.  She is growing up too fast.


Mike was a handsome husband!  I always think it is strange that Halloween is his favorite holiday, but he doesn't like to dress up.  It's the decorations and the haunted houses he likes.

Stephanie & Andrew hosted the Hallween party and the theme was Fear Factor.  Deryn had to get gummy worms out of a whip cream pie using only her mouth.


Mike had to try and finish his nasty food before his opponent.

I had to see how much change I could get out of the change jar in 30 seconds... the catch was it was filled with live crickets....many of them got squished in the process.  I however, got more change out of the jar than my opponent.


Woo hoo!  September and October are now accounted for.... only 5 more months to catch up!

No comments: